Phoenix-related RSS news feed from selected sources.
This is an experimental page that pulls RSS feeds from various Phoenix-related blogs and news sites.
Sources include azbex.com, azbigmedia.com, downtownvoices.org, downtownphoenixjournal.com, www.roguecolumnist.com, dtphx.org, and downtowndevil.com
- Afri-Soul and Grassrootz give back to the Black communityby Gabriel Garza on January 24, 2023 at 7:30 am
In the past, minorities in Phoenix tended to live further south, but as time progressed, the diversity spread far and wide to every corner across the Valley. At one point, Washington Street had several Black-owned businesses, but the number began to […]
- The omenby About Rogue Columnist on January 23, 2023 at 11:05 pm
The international news that Rio Verde Foothills has seen its water cut off by the city of Scottsdale is a drama in miniature for how the Arizona Ponzi scheme is going to play out on a larger stage in the...
- Meet Kendra Lee, A Phoenix Community Alliance “City-Shaper”by Taylor Costello on January 18, 2023 at 7:01 pm
Phoenix Community Alliance congratulates Kendra Lee to more than 36 years of service to both APS and her Downtown community! The “City-Shapers” series fills in the gaps of historical knowledge... continue reading.
- The Breakfast Bitch Boomby Emery Davis on December 8, 2022 at 10:28 am
From working behind the griddle to establishing locations across state lines, Tracii and Derrell Hutsona built their restaurant from the ground up with a powerful message behind one word – bitch. At Breakfast Bitch, where “bitch” is a word […]
- How this downtown Phoenix business plays a huge role in political signsby Abigail Beck on December 6, 2022 at 3:30 am
As the Arizona midterm election season comes to a close, Phoenix’s streets and neighborhoods are clean of political signage. As quickly as these postcards, posters and pamphlets come, it is gone in a blur. Where did they come from, and where […]
- Luv Bridal delivers an experience that will last a lifetimeby Ainsley Ryan on December 3, 2022 at 3:00 am
Is it your turn to say yes to the dress? Luv Bridal’s wide selection of gowns offers something for every bride. Located on the corner of 7th St. and McKinley St., Luv Bridal describes itself as a “high-end bridal salon selling a range of […]
- Local First Arizona “puts community first”by Leslie Chapman on December 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
Local First Arizona, or LFA, is an economy and community development organization established in 2003 by Kimber Lanning, who is an entrepreneur and small business owner. Lanning was encouraged to act by two observations: too many young people […]
- CityScape businesses continue to struggle with light rail constructionby Donovan Growney on November 30, 2022 at 6:30 pm
“Transportation 2050” is an ambitious multi-year plan created by Valley Metro and approved by the Phoenix city council to improve existing transportation systems, like the Valley Metro Rail. The South Central/Downtown Hub is one of Valley […]
- Living with droughtby About Rogue Columnist on October 25, 2022 at 10:22 pm
My new Gene Hammons Novel (a mystery due out in the next year or two) is set in 1936. In my research, I found that much of the Midwest and South suffered from a terrible drought, which claimed thousands of...
- What did I miss?by About Rogue Columnist on October 20, 2022 at 8:09 pm
Carl Muecke illustration Thanks for your patience. The novel is now completed and will be soon sent to the publisher. A few quick thoughts: • It's astounding that the former local Fox newsreader Kari "Trump in a Dress" Lake stands...
- The Rey opens amidst a rapidly changing Downtown Phoenix skylineby Taylor Costello on August 4, 2022 at 6:50 pm
Expect an ever changing downtown skyline in the next three years, as more than 2,300 residential units from nine different projects, including Central Station, will open Downtown. This marks a... continue reading.
- 5 New Restaurants And Bars Now Open In Downtown Phoenixby Elizabeth Montgomery on July 27, 2022 at 10:33 pm
In Downtown Phoenix, restaurants are expanding and old spaces are getting new life. Well on the way to becoming a foodie playground, a restaurant is opening or coming soon on... continue reading.
- DTPHX In/Flux: Monroe’s Hot Chicken Sizzles With Third-Generation Soul Foodby Fara Illich on July 19, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Good food brings people together. That’s the motto Larry “Lo-Lo” White cooks by, and that’s the foundation beneath an ever-growing business model — one he’s been perfecting since 1997. It’s... continue reading.
- DTPHX In/Flux: Voices of Change, Growth In an Evolving Downtownby Fara Illich on June 9, 2022 at 4:26 pm
DTPHX In/Flux is a new monthly video series documenting the immense growth and change happening in Downtown Phoenix.
- New 25-Story Fairmont Hotel Coming to Jackson and First Streetsby Fara Illich on June 2, 2022 at 9:48 pm
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Thunderbird Legacy Development announced the construction of a new 25-story hotel on the southwest corner of Jackson and First streets today. Scheduled to open in... continue reading.
- A Quick Guide to Waymo Self-Driving Cars in Downtown Phoenixby Fara Illich on June 2, 2022 at 6:48 pm
Over the past several months, you might’ve noticed Waymo’s white Jaguar I-PACE cars — seemingly everywhere in Downtown Phoenix. So what are they doing here? Waymo’s connection to the Phoenix... continue reading.
- Peek Inside Downtown’s Next Shipping Container Housing Project: IDA on McKinleyby Fara Illich on May 26, 2022 at 6:52 pm
IDA on McKinley is the tallest development built from shipping containers in the nation, according to design-build firm Local Studio.
- Downtown Phoenix Hotel Named in First Family Friendly Hotel Awardby Elizabeth Montgomery on May 13, 2022 at 7:29 pm
In partnership with Mayor Kate Gallego and Visit Phoenix, Downtown Phoenix Inc. has awarded Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel with the inaugural Family Friendly Hotel Award. The award was recently developed... continue reading.
- Join Downtown Voices Coalition Hybrid Meeting, Sat., May 13, 9:30 a.m.by Downtown Voices Coalition on May 12, 2022 at 3:52 pm
The Downtown Voices Coalition Steering Committee will hold its 2nd Saturday of the month community meeting at its usual start time of 9:30 a.m. Join us for an informative in-person meeting at Roosevelt Commons (masks preferred). We are using a […]
- Hance Park Revitalization Project: Republic Services Funds $2M Gardenby Taylor Costello on April 28, 2022 at 9:45 pm
Republic Services, Inc. announced a $2 million sponsorship deal with the Hance Park Partner Coalition, a boon for the revitalization of Margaret T. Hance Park as a future public, cultural... continue reading.