Phoenix-related RSS news feed from selected sources.
This is an experimental page that pulls RSS feeds from various Phoenix-related blogs and news sites.
Sources include azbex.com, azbigmedia.com, downtownvoices.org, downtownphoenixjournal.com, www.roguecolumnist.com, dtphx.org, and downtowndevil.com
- 14-story Multifamily Proposed for PHX Kierland Areaby Monica Tapia on March 2, 2021 at 8:34 pm
By Tasha Anderson for AZBEX A new luxury multifamily residential development is being proposed for the SWC of Bell Road/Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Scottsdale Road on the south side of the Central Arizona Project canal, in the Kierland area of […]
- COVID-19 News Round-up for March 2ndby Monica Tapia on March 2, 2021 at 8:32 pm
Budget, Policy & Stimulus News What’s Next for $1.9T Relief Package? Now that the House has passed its version of the $1.9T release package sought by the Biden Administration and congressional Democrats, the bill moves to the Senate. The […]
- NWRE and Hopewell Developing 2 PHX Industrial Sitesby Monica Tapia on March 2, 2021 at 8:30 pm
By Nicola Wealth Real Estate Nicola Wealth Real Estate and Hopewell Development are strategically developing three industrial properties in low-tax, low-regulation Southwestern states with high migration. NWRE’s focus is growing an industrial […]
- Mitigating Solar Panel Glareby Monica Tapia on March 2, 2021 at 8:28 pm
A recent blog post from Axel Olson, a technical advisory consultant at 1898 & Co., part of Burns & McDonnell, detailed the frequently overlooked impacts of solar panels reflecting sunlight back into the surrounding area. As the number of […]
- Industry Professionals 03-02-21by Monica Tapia on March 2, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Giving Back 1. When many school children started staying home when the pandemic hit last year, the Arizona Department of Transportation launched a new outreach campaign called “ADOT Kids,” which seeks to educate children on transportation […]
- Commercial Real Estate News 03-02-21by Monica Tapia on March 2, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Sales Transactions 1. Investcorp purchased Tempe Commerce Park, a five-building, 536.1KSF, multi-tenant, light industrial park at 7340, 7350, and 7360 S. Kyrene Road and 7343 and 7333 S. Hardy Drive, Tempe, for $85.35M. The JLL Capital Markets […]
- Degrading by degreesby About Rogue Columnist on March 1, 2021 at 10:11 pm
When the Republican-controlled Legislature isn't busy with voter suppression laws or bills to further the National Rifle Association wish list, it can still make time for brilliance such as this: Allowing community colleges to award four-year […]
- Downtown Digest: Coming 2 America, Fitness, and DTPHX Dollarsby Yoori Han on March 1, 2021 at 7:30 am
Hello fellow downtowners! Here are some events that are happening this week. Coming 2 America The most anticipated comedy film of the year, Coming 2 America, will be released this Friday on Amazon Studios. The original movie truly showed the […]
- DTPHX Small Business Owners: What You Need To Know About New PPP Rulesby Fara Illich on February 26, 2021 at 8:48 pm
The U.S. Small Business Administration prioritizes small and microbusinesses in Paycheck Protection Program.
- Top 10 Projects Currently Under Construction in AZby Monica Tapia on February 26, 2021 at 5:36 pm
By Tasha Anderson for AZBEX There are several large projects under construction around the Valley that may have you thinking, “I wonder if that project is still going on.” So, BEX has compiled a list of the Top 10 Projects currently under […]
- Ariz. House Approves North-South Corridor Billby Monica Tapia on February 26, 2021 at 5:31 pm
A bill in support of the North-South Corridor in Pinal County has won approval from the Arizona House of Representatives. The proposed freeway would run from I-10 in Picacho to US 60 in the Gold Canyon area. House Bill 2394 appropriates $4M for a […]
- Demand Growing for Multi-use Logisticsby Monica Tapia on February 26, 2021 at 5:27 pm
By JLL Industrial commercial real estate assets traded to the tune of nearly $96B in the United States in 2020, the second-best year on record, and the outlook for 2021 already looks bright. With increased competition among investors for industrial […]
- COVID-19 News Round-up for February 26thby Monica Tapia on February 26, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Budget, Policy & Stimulus News PPP Delays Frustrating Ariz. Businesses As of Feb. 21, 1.9 million Paycheck Protection Program loans, totaling $140B across the country, have been approved by the Small Business Administration. Arizona businesses […]
- Phoenix Forge makerspace opens near Grand Avenue Arts Districtby Destiny Net on February 26, 2021 at 7:45 am
Gateway Community College officially opened its community makerspace near the Grand Avenue Arts District last week with the tools and equipment to help inventors bring their ideas to life. Phoenix Forge, located at 535 W. Van Buren Street, is a […]
- New DTPHX Dollars $5 voucher program aims to help downtown businessesby Fara Illich on February 25, 2021 at 10:15 pm
DTPHX dollars are $5 vouchers redeemable at a wide variety of coffee shops, restaurants, retail businesses and cultural destinations located in the Downtown Phoenix core.
- 17 Black-Owned Businesses to Support in Downtown Phoenixby Lauren Potter on February 24, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Downtown Phoenix has an array of Black-owned and -operated businesses, many of which are institutions in Phoenix's cultural fabric.
- VIDEO: Zen Thai brings happiness to downtown Phoenixby Gianluca D'Elia on February 16, 2021 at 7:15 am
After moving across the country to Phoenix to start my master’s degree last summer, I wondered how I’d find a sense of community in a time when going out is risky. I popped into a downtown restaurant, Zen Thai Cafe, at an off time after lunch […]
- Downtown Phoenix Inc. Announces New Board Members, Investorsby R.J. Price on February 11, 2021 at 9:58 pm
Downtown Phoenix Inc. (DPI) announces the addition of two companies and two downtown business leaders to its investor and board of director rosters.
- Black ASU student launches vegan curly-hair care lineby Kaitlyn Matthews on February 10, 2021 at 4:08 pm
ASU health student Mayson Heyninck knows what it’s like to feel ashamed of her natural curls. After going to predominantly white schools for years, she used to straighten her naturally curly hair to try and “fit in” with the crowd. But that […]
- Now or Never brings bold and exclusive brands to downtown Phoenixby Roxanne Banuelos on February 10, 2021 at 4:07 pm
When Jason Shelby moved to Phoenix to open a new boutique, he knew the timing was now or never. After all, he was no stranger to risks, and he had been creating a vision in his head for already over a year. Shelby is the Creative Director of […]